POLICY- I -DESK
Matters regarding amendment of the provisions
in the Constitution and the Official Languages Act, 1963
relating to Official Language.
Proposals regarding fresh legislation
of Official language.
Matters regarding enforcement of the
provisions of the Official Languages Act, 1963.
Matters regarding framing of rules under
Official languages Act.
Matters regarding the Authoritative
Text (Central Laws) Act, 1973.
Suggestion for the Annual programme
for the progressive use of Hindi for the official purposes
of the Union.
Interpretation/Clarification of the
provisions of the Official Languages Act, 1963 and Official
language (use for the official purposes of the Union)
Cases relating to use of Hindi in Companies/Corporations
owned or controlled by the Central Government.
Cases relating to use of Hindi and language
policy in the Union Territories.
Matters relating to formation of Central
Hindi Committee and its meetings.
Matters relating to formation of Sub-Committees
of the Central Hindi Committee and its meetings.
Cases relating to use of Hindi in the
High Courts and the Supreme Court.
Coordination of work relating to Annual
Plans and Budget (Plan / Non-Plan).
Matters relating to Parliamentary Committee
on official Language and Administrative matters of Gazetted
Any other matter relating to policy
POLICY -II DESK
- Co-ordination of work (including follow-up
action) relating to Hindi Salahkar Samitis.
- Incentive for increasing the use of
Hindi for the official purposes of the Union.
- Supervision and management of the Wing
- Coordination of matters relating to
the Parliamentary Consultative Committee of the Ministry
of Home Affairs.
- Miscellaneous issues relating to the
POLICY & COORDINATION DESK
- Administrative and Establishment matters
relating to Central Translation Bureau.
- Matters relating to option for use of
Hindi in Departmental and Direct Recruitment Examinations
- Advising various Ministries/Departments,
their Atttached and Subordinate offices and Companies
and Corporations owned and controlled by the Central Government
in matters relating to creation of posts for Hindi work.
- Fixation of norms for creation of minimum
number of Hindi posts.
- Fixation of duties of Hindi Officers,
Hindi Translators, etc.
- Fixation of norms for Translators, vetters,
Hindi Typists etc.
- Arrangement for translation of manuals
and other non-statutory material excluding statutory material
to be placed before parliament and rules, regulations,
etc. which are to be notified in the Gazette of India.
- Arrangements for translation of rules,
regulations, etc. of Companies, Corporations and Autonomous
bodies owned and controlled by the Central Government.
- Organisation of O&M meetings of
Department of Official Language and follow up action on
the decisions taken in such meetings.
- Internal coordination work of the Department
of Official Language.